Saturday, January 22, 2022

Barmedman and Wagga

Friday was my last day at Forbes BA. Finished building a new fence. The team stayed back a bit late so I could end on a high, nice.

Got my booster jab at a local pharmacy, no drama, no queue. Not like it was back in Maroochydore with the first and second shot. So yep good to go.

Heading to Wagga as Bunnings has stuff that I need for a MH cabinet project. I also need to cruise the mall for some new linen that needs updating.

The Newell Highway south of Forbes is surrounded by water at the moment. It's an amazing sight. The highway has suffered badly and crews are working at patching and renewing long sections. Lots of stop-goes. So don't use the Newell if you are in a hurry. Hurry, not me, no big deal.

Stopped along the way at Barmedman to swim in the mineral pools there. A fellow tourist advised me that the pool had just reopened, probably been closed because of covid. I should have listened more closely to the bit about 'just reopened' as the water was very cold. The bore was operating, I could see water pumping, but no even lukewarm. But a $1 for a hot shower was ample compensation.