Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Adelong - Wantabadgery

Been back at Adelong for a few days. Now decided to do some touring.

Driving country roads can be very relaxing. I'm avoiding the Hume Highway and pretty much following the Murrumbidgee River, taking back country roads.

Along the way I answer a phone call. Good timing as I'm approaching a river crossing with an area to pull over. Sitting there talking to a mate it occurs to me that I haven't seen another car in a long time. I've been cruising at about 75k/h enjoying the view, just wandering along.

Stopping at Sandy Beach on the river at Wantabadgery will do for tonight. Well Sandy Beach is not so sandy at the moment as the river is running high and the normal bank is under water. It's been hot today and I'm able to swim and cool off.

Sandy Beach reserve Wantabadgery is in the Junee Shire and it's obvious the council looks after the area. It's a great free camp with plenty of open space, shady trees and lush grass. Also drop toilet facilities, picnic shelters, non potable tap water and a boat ramp.

It's very quiet here except at dusk when large flocks of Little Corellas are getting ready to roost. 

Got this bit all to myself.

And the other way tonight's neighbours.

Murrumbidgee running wide and fast.

Junee Shire billboard.
(www.youmeandjunee.com.au)

Wantabadgery street art.