Thursday, August 20, 2015

Pallarenda Day 2


Back to Pallarenda Conservation Park for a second go at some of the better walking trails.

This time a hike to the radar tower going up via a goat track from the fort ruins. Also did sections of the Under The Radar Trail and then connecting to Many Peaks Trail back to the car park. About 12km in all. Some good views but as is usual the photos don't show the gradient as it really is.

As I climbed toward the 'radar' I was thinking it looks more like a monument to the game of soccer than a radar dish but standing under it I could hear humming and whirring and my hair was standing on end. (Well it always does when you have a crew cut)

Early morning best time of day.

Half way up.

Or halfway down?

The soccer ball. Proof that I got there.

Townsville.