Friday, October 4, 2013

Bauple - Macadamia Farm Sit

Cotton Tree - Bauple
Headed north at about 10am stopping for lunch and a snooze at Chatsworth rest area, just north of Gympie, at noon. Stopped at this really nice camp spot, for a cuppa a km or two on the south end of the Bauple Drive Rd. Good for an overnighter in the future. Big storms up north just a few km away. Arrived at Barenuts and met Cameron and Tracy the kids and my charges for the next two weeks, the animals. Toured the property. About two thousand macadamia trees, 20 cattle, a dozen or so chocks, two ducks and a dog.

I spent the next two weeks trimming the lower limbs of some of the trees, helping myself to a basket full of nuts and walking the dog around the property. I picked the nuts from the trees and then run them through the de-shelling machine. Tracy also gave me some of her commercial products like macadamia butter, flavoured roast nuts and oil.

Overnighted in Maryborough on the weekend so I could provision.

After a relaxing 2 weeks I left about 8am and headed to Cooroy to visit Chook and Deb for a cuppa, met Lola Deb's mum, dead spit for each other. Then on to Maroochy Primary School for the next three nights. Rang and booked Dora in for rego inspection on Wednesday next week.

Bauple Macadamia Farm - misty morning

More established trees