Saturday, June 10, 2023

Atherton and Ravenshoe.

Atherton. Awoke to find I'd been sleeping in the clouds. Fine mist and then drizzle most of the morning. What Da! I didn't sign up for this. Thinking Chillagoe but it's a there-and-back situation or many miles of gravel. I'm not doing big bits of gravel! So the Kennedy. I will decide west to Normanton or south towards Hughenden at Forty Mile Scrub. 

Atherton local IGA had all the stuff I needed for the next few days then headed off. The weather cleared and improved directly proportionally to the westerly distance from Ravenshoe, now that's better.

Stopping for the night at a gravel pit at Forty Mile Scrub. The upside is good Internet: I'll be able to watch Kayo and see the Storm play the Sharks.

Several hundred meters off the main road, walking a 4x4 track to a potential camp spot with a good view, I came across this bit of 'street art'. It was off the 2-track by another 100m and would unlikely be seen from a vehicle driving past, go figure.