Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Wagga Wagga

Wagga. Four days is enough, for now anyway. Done all I intended now ready to move again.

I like Wagga, well mostly. Wagga, the states biggest inland city and that's the dislike, it's busy, the motorist act like big city drivers in a hurry and not very courteous. Mind you face to face the people are typical country, nice.

Wilks Park is a bit of a mixed bag as well. I've stopped here lots, mostly through necessity more than choice. It's been quiet this time but sometimes in the past it's been rowdy with domestics and what appears to have been drug deals happening at all hours day and night. Hard to police I suppose?


Recently the Council refurbished the toilet block, added a picnic shelter, BBQ and installed a dump point. Its walking distance to the CBD and a push bike can get you most anywhere within a few minutes. Probably just as quick as a car and with no aggravation.

Not far out of town there are various camping options on the Murrumbidgee River that I'm expecting, having time to kill, to be able to check out again.

Its interesting that I find it non instinctive to take photos of places I'm familiar with. Working to rectify that.


Hmmm, lots of rain, might need to start building an Ark. But the effing kangaroos can find their own way!

Toilets, dump point and rubbish skip.

Relatively quiet here at Wilks Park.