Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Crooked Creek and Mallanganee Lookout

Headed off from Texas along the Bruxner Hwy and overran the turn off to my first choice camp site the other side of Tenterfield. Couldn't turn around so 'On On' to Crooked Creek which turned out to be a good choice anyway. A steep decent into the area, as described, but when I saw a caravan and a motor home down there my concern evaporated. Had a walk about and met the fellow campers, neighbours for tonight. Shared a campfire and some travel stories before some light rain put an end to being outside.

Next day on to Mallanganee Lookout. Not a designated camp spot as such but works for me, nice view. I can see for miles and miles. No problem with Telstra reception when you are parked under the tower.                                  click on an image to enlarge

Crooked Creek rest area

Mallanganee Lookout - dawn.

Mallanganee looking west at the fog - dawn.

Mallanganee looking north west - dawn.