Saturday, April 12, 2014

Dora's Restoration

Rod from R&T (Caravan Services) called me on Saturday 12th to ask if I wanted a look at Dora with her lid off.  I was surprised by the amount of points where water had been getting in.  Some were long term leaks as the timber laminate below the fiberglass had rotted significantly.  Mostly where the after market had installed the solar.  Rod said the solar was a poor installation mostly because they did not bend the aluminium beams to the shape of the roof.  I'm confident Rod will put it all right.  The original profile of the roof would have the water running off but the fiberglass was not a good solution as it did not follow the profile and had or developed puddle points.  Rod is adding a further 6mm layer of timber laminate before glueing the rubber lining on.  All should be good when Rod is finished but he warned me to stay away from trees as it will rip easily.